Thanks for using Voxxi. Our goal is to empower individuals and organisations to structure and organise data. As such, we take very seriously the respect and protection of your privacy and security. We are committed to following and continuously evolving best practices to support this principle.
What Information We Collect
What types of information we collect from you depends on how you use the Services, what Services you use, and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. We collect information from you when you:
- Create or register an account, and when you administer your account
- Input information or data into any of our Services, or post or upload Content to our Services
- Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication media
- Contact us for customer support or technical support
- Visit any of our websites or download any of our apps
- Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events
- Interact with other Voxxi users and guests on our community forums
- Integrate third-party products and services with your Voxxi account
Information related to the creation of accounts or that otherwise identifies you as a customer or end user of Voxxi is what we call “Customer Information.” Customer Information may include certain “personally identifiable information” or “PII”, such as your name, email address, gender, postal address and phone number. It also may include payment information, such as payment method, credit card information, and any contact information (such as name and postal address) associated with payment billing information. If you are an end user using the Services through an account created on your behalf by an Voxxi customer (such as an employer, organisation of which you are a member, or another individual), we may collect and process Customer Information about you on behalf of the Voxxi customer with whom your use of the Services is associated.
When you create an account with Voxxi, we may collect certain Customer Information directly from you or, if you create your account using a third-party service (such as Google), we may collect Customer Information about you from the third-party service (such as your username or user ID associated with that third-party service). By choosing to create an account using a third-party service, you authorise us to collect Customer Information necessary to authenticate your account with the third-party service provider.
One of the core aspects of the Voxxi Products (and our related Services) is that you can upload any information, data, content, material – anything. We call anything you upload through the Voxxi Products “Content.” You (and anyone who can interact with your use of the Voxxi Products) ultimately controls the nature of the Content, and our collection, use, and disclosure practices with respect to Content are separate from those with respect to other sorts of information we collect, including Customer Information. As explained in detail above, we may also upload Content automatically with your authorization from third-party service providers (such as from your Google Drive).
Information collected automatically through your use of the Services
We collect information about how you use the Services and your actions on the Services, including IP addresses, what software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform type, device type, mobile device identifiers such as make and model, mobile carrier), pages or features of Voxxi used and associated dates and timestamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of the Services. We may also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, session replay scripts, and similar technologies (“tracking technologies”). We may also work with third party partners to employ tracking technologies.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, please see “Managing Your Information,” below. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Services, as some features may not work properly.
Aggregated and anonymized information
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and what Services you use (or features of the Services). These purposes may include:
- Providing the Services to you
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you
- Providing customer support or technical assistance
- Contacting you to provide product updates, information about products you have requested or purchased
- Marketing Voxxi products, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts
- Creating or administering your account, including identifying you with your account or the account of an Voxxi customer
- Billing you
- Deriving market insights, ways to improve the Services, and other business analysis or research purposes
- Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and other users
- Securing the Services and our systems, and protecting your information and data
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in “How we share information”, below
- Any legitimate business purpose, provided that the information is aggregated and anonymized
Personally Identifiable Information
Specifically, we may use personally identifiable information (including those contained within the Customer Information or otherwise collected by us) for the above purposes, but only as to the extent necessary for the purposes for which you have provided us with the information, to respond to inquiries or requests (including requests for customer support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our Terms of Service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal authorities, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to us (both explicit, such as when you contact us directly with a request, and implied, such as when you engage us to provide you with the Services). If you wish to change these instructions, either by request, by correcting, amending, or deleting information we may have collected about you, or by opting out of certain data collection practices, please see “Managing Your Information”, below.
Use of Content
How we share information
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent (for example, by posting Content using the Universe feature, you consent to our sharing that Content with other Voxxi users).
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as data storage, hosting, and payment processing.
- With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Services that you’ve requested (for example, by installing applications in Voxxi using the Blocks feature).
- With vendors we engage to help us gain insights and analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved (for example, we may use third-party data enrichment services to match Customer Information or other personally identifiable information we collect with publicly available database information in order to communicate more effectively with you).
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of Voxxi business, assets, or stock.
- With others for any legitimate business purpose, provided the information is aggregated and anonymized.
How we secure your information
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Unfortunately, no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as such no network or system (including ours) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
Managing Your Information
Cookies and Tracking Technologies – How to Opt Out
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Services.
Certain tracking technologies we use are related to advertising networks, and through those technologies we may share certain information such as IP addresses. No personally identifiable information is shared with these advertising networks, but please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here and here. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here.
Certain tracking technologies we use involve the use of session replay scripts or other scripts that run directly from your browser. If you wish to disable these tracking technologies, you can install a third-party browser analytics blocker plug-in such as Ghostery.
International Transfers (including Transfers Outside of the European Union)
Information from Children